‘Tis The Season…to HOPE! Holidays are the perfect time to celebrate the things and people who mean the most to us. This year, we invite you to celebrate hope for a cure, with a Holiday HOPE Party. By hosting your own festive teal event, you’ll not only spread holiday cheer, but will help OCRFA to fund scientific research that leads to more effective identification, treatment, and ultimately a cure for ovarian cancer.
Follow this simple, 5-step recipe to turn your seasonal soirée into a Holiday HOPE Party!
- Submit your Holiday HOPE Party application to Catie Dugan.
- Once we receive your application, we’ll send you a package of OCRFA goodies sure to make any party a success. To ensure adequate time for delivery, please submit your application at least one week prior to your event.
- Create a Holiday HOPE Party webpage, for an easy way to provide details of your event and collect donations from friends and family online.
- Invite guests with an Evite or Facebook event, and tag OCRFA in your behind-the-scenes pics and updates to Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Instead of bringing dessert, wine or a gift, ask that each guest make a donation to OCRFA in honor of your efforts.
- Ask your guests to wear teal attire. Warm up with hats, scarves, or gloves in the color of ovarian cancer awareness, or send a message loud and clear with your favorite teal earrings.
- Decorate for the occasion. Accent your table with teal tablecloths, napkins, plates and candles, tie teal ribbon around the stems of your guests’ glasses, or create a floral Hope centerpiece.
- Don’t forget to visit the OCRFA online shop for your event needs Not only will you be making a purchase to benefit ovarian cancer research but your purchases will help bring your party to life!
- Share with all of your guests your reason for holding a Holiday HOPE Party, and what makes the cause important to you.
- Send each guest on their way with some of OCRFA’s informational materials.
- Share your party pics with OCRFA for a chance to be highlighted.
- Tell us how it went! Email us your Holiday HOPE experience feedback, suggestions and ideas for next year. They may even make their way into OCRFA’s Holiday HOPE Party Guide.
- Send in your donations to OCRFA with a notation of “Holiday HOPE Party” using the provided envelopes, and help us come one step closer to finding a cure for ovarian cancer!
Voilá! All the ingredients for your first Holiday HOPE Party. We hope you enjoy…don’t forget to let us know how it turns out!